Thursday, September 15, 2005

This is what we get





Well, it was a little bit of everything, apparently. ALL the rumors were true. Except that it looks like it sucks.

However.

Reading the 1up and gamespot links, hearing the guy talk about playing with it, it actually might work. But then again, I own an Atari Jaguar, and thought the Virtual Boy was neat when I played it in the store.

Using the Royal "I," of course, since I'm speaking for all of you.

But honestly, the default setup lets you have ready access to either the B button on the rear and the control cross, or the A button and B button together. That's only two buttons either way. The other hand is for making sushi or stirring Kool-aid. Or using an attachment controller...which...is kinda weird. But probably Kool-aid.

Cyanide Kool-aid.

You, stop reading this. Make up your own damn mind.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't played a console game in years, but that controller looks like absolute shit, and the thumb-controller thingie being just a floating "thing on a string" will tire arms as it does not allow for lateral force to be applied with both hands, which is a way to distribute and mitigate the weight of the controller for those with unequally strong arms (most of us).

    And only two buttons? What the fuck? My money says a "real" controller is developed that'll cost extra. Otherwise, the consumer will be forced to play Gameboyesque two-button games on what's basically an NES controller shaped like a television clicker.

    Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it doesn't lend itself to 3D adventure platformers! Death to all Jaks and Grand Theft Autos and sequels! Birth to all novelty I'm taking up the prepossessed role of the counterpoint :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I posted the story yesterday, but can I just say...wtf.

    Ok, I'm over it. Now I'm actually getting kinda excited. Watch the video, Derek, in the newer post. It actually has possibilities. And I'd buy it just to stick it to Sony and MS, who are doing everything they can to make video games just became another formulaic revenue stream.

    ReplyDelete